A dental bridge is a custom fixed (non-removable) prosthesis that is an excellent way to replace missing teeth. A Bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth when you have good anchor teeth on either side of the empty area. The adjacent teeth are carefully prepared for crowns to serve as anchors (abutments) to hold the prosthetic replacement teeth (pontics) in place. There are several types of bridges. Dr. G will discuss the best options for your particular case. The type of bridge and the materials used depends on:
- Aesthetics- color match and appearance
- Form-the contour of the bridge must conform to the surrounding tissue in a natural healthy position
- Function-chewing and biting accuracy
Reasons for a fixed bridge:
- Replace one or more missing teeth.
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position or super-erupting.
- Restore chewing and speaking ability.
- Restore your smile and maintain facial contours.
- Upgrade from a removable partial denture to a permanent dental restoration.
Dental bridges are highly durable and will last many years to provide you with optimal form, esthetics and function. Contact us today to learn more about dental bridges!