Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain that cover the fronts of unsightly teeth. They are crafted from tooth-colored, ceramic materials in a dental laboratory, for a natural-looking younger appearance. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile.
Veneers provide an alternative to traditional crowns (which requires more tooth reduction) while maintaining a natural appearance to your teeth. They resist stains from coffee, tea, red wine and cigarette smoke as they are made of high quality materials. Veneers can often be an ideal solution in treating many dental conditions.
As with most dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. Because veneers are stronger than simple bonding, they are also more resistant to stains and chipping. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Repair of crooked or misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth.
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Unwanted or uneven spaces.
- Worn or chipped teeth.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- Veneers can be matched to make even dark teeth appear bright white.
- A healthy, natural look is achieved with little or no discomfort.
- Veneers are strong, durable and color-stable.
Contact us today to learn more about porcelain veneers!